Aishwarya Rai – The Indian Goddess
Birth name: Aishwarya Rai
Date of Birth: November 1, 1973
Place of Birth: Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Occupation: Actress, model
Height: 5 ft 7 in; 1.70 m
Measurements: 32B-25-34 (in)
Famous for: Rai became world famous after she was crowned Miss World 1994. However it turned out that the Miss World title was only the introduction of this beautiful Indian woman to the world og glamour and fame. Shortly after she was crowned the most beautiful woman in the world Aishwarya started her successful acting career (she starred in over 40 films in the last 15 years).
I always believed that my silence on several topics will be an advantage in the long run.
Acting is a job and I take it very seriously.
I was studying to be an architect not an actress. Films were just another career option that it turned out to be a good option for me.
I was a big dreamer as a child but I am even bigger dreamer today.
- Aishwarya was Miss World in 1994.
- After Rai was crowned Miss World she dropped out of college so that she could to pursue a career in modeling.
- In 1997 Aishwarya started her acting career (with her acting debut in the film Iruvar which was a critical success and won many awards).
- Her film career had its ups and downs but she remained one of the most popular Indian actresses nonetheless.
- In 1999 Rai was appointed as Longines Ambassador of Elegance.
- In 2003 Aishwarya ahd the honor to become the first Indian actress to be a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival.
- In October 2004 a wax figure of Aishwarya was put on display in London's Madame Tussaud's wax museum.
- In 2004 rai was chosen by TIME magazine as one of the world's most influential people, and appeared on the cover of its 2003 Asia edition
- In 2009 Aishwarya was appointed as the first Goodwill Ambassador of Smile Train (an international charity organization that provides free Cleft lip and palate surgery to children in need.
- Aishwarya is married to actor Abhishek Bachchan
Rai in one sentence – Aishwarya is a gorgeous Indian woman, talented actress and a true lady.
Go to Aishwarya Rai Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.