Angelina Jolie – The American Goddess
Angelina Jolie is Officially One of The Most Beautiful Women In The World
Birth name: Angelina Jolie Voight
Date of Birth: June 4, 1975
Place of Birth: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Occupation: Actor, director, writer, producer, humanitarian
Height: 5 ft 8 in; 173 cm
Measurements: 36C-27-36 (US)
Famous for: Seriously?!
I shouldn’t be here because I’ve been reckless and a bad girl for many years, and I have done some really risky things in my life. I was very lucky to survive all that, and I am grateful that I can enjoy life now.
We cannot close ourselves off to information and ignore the fact that millions of people are out there suffering. We need to do everything we can to help them.
Refugees are the most vulnerable people in the world which is why they need help.
- Angelina Jolie is the daughter of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand.
- At the age of 14 Angelina dropped out of her acting classes and aspired to become a funeral director.
- She suffered episodes of suicidal depression throughout her teens and early twenties. During this period Jolie found it difficult to emotionally connect with other people, and as a result she started to use drugs and self-harm.
- By the age of 20 she had had tried just about every drug possible including heroin.
- Angelina initially found it difficult to pass auditions and she was often being told that she was "too dark”.
- Angelina has had a difficult relationship with her father throughout her life. She reconciled with her father after a six-year estrangement in 2007 after her mother died from cancer.
- Jolie had her breakthrough in 1998 after brilliantly portraying a troubled supermodel Gia Carangi in the HBO’s hit film Gia. She won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and the film industry’s doors were finally opened for her.
- During the period between 1999 and 2002 Jolie starred in five Hollywood films that made her world famous (the Bone Collector, Girl Interrupted, Gone in 60 Seconds, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and Original Sin).
- Jolie was named Hollywood's highest-paid actress by Forbes magazine in 2009 and 2011.
- Angelina won many prestigious acting awards including an Academy Award, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, and three Golden Globe Awards.
- Angelina and her life-partner Brad Pit have six children. Three are adopted and three are biological.
- In 2006 Jolie and Pitt went to Namibia for the birth of their first biological child (daughter Shiloh) and they decided to sell the first pictures of Shiloh themselves, rather than allowing paparazzi to make these valuable pictures. The profit was about 8 million dollars and it was all donated to charities serving African children.
- On July 2008, Angelina gave birth to twins, a son Knox Léon, and a daughter, Vivienne Marcheline. The rights for the first images of Knox and Vivienne were jointly sold to People and Hello! for about 14 million dollars. This made them the most expensive celebrity pictures ever. The profit was donated to the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.
- Angelina Jolie became an ardent humanitarian in 2001 after witnessing the living conditions in Cambodia.
- Jolie visited over 30 undeveloped countries (Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Cambodia, etc) and stayed for weeks in the refugee camps. She covered all costs related to her missions and shared the same working and living conditions as UNHCR field staff on all of her visits.
- In 2001 Jolie was named a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
- In 2003, Jolie founded the Maddox Jolie-Pitt Foundation whose main goal is to assist with humanitarian crises around the world.
- In 2003, Jolie was the first recipient of the Citizen of the World Award by the United Nations Correspondents Association.
- In 2007, she became a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- In 2008, she collaborated with the Microsoft Corporation to establish Kids in Need of Defense, a pro bono movement committed to providing legal counsel to unaccompanied immigrant children in the United States.
- Angelina received many humanitarian awards for her work including: 2003 Citizen of the World Award by the United Nations Correspondents Association, 2005 Global Humanitarian Award by the UNA-USA, the Freedom Award by the International Rescue Committee, etc.
- In 2011, António Guterres, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, presented Jolie with a gold pin reserved for the most long-serving staff, in recognition of her decade as a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador.
Angelina Jolie in one sentence – Angelina is a great actress and a passionate woman with a complex personality yet pure heart and an amazing charisma.
Go to Angelina Jolie Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.