Anita Ekberg – One Of The Most Beautiful Swedish Actresses
Birth Name: Kerstin Anita Marianne Ekberg
Date of Birth: September 29, 1931
Place of Birth: Malmö, Sweden
Occupation: Actress, model
Height: 5 feet 7in; 1.70m
Measurements: 40-24-36 (in); 102-61-91(cm)
Ekberg in one sentence: Anita was one of the most beautiful European blondes of 20th century.
I am living this life without regrets.
There are no real actresses now to compare with my day, it is all completely different.
The most important thing for a good marriage is to learn how to argue peaceably.
Forget about the surgeons lifting things, each age has its own charm; it’s all about living life to the fullest.
Age is a state of mind, who is growing old? I am certainly not, my mind is as clear as when I was 20.
- As a teenager she worked as a fashion model.
- She won the Miss Sweden contest in 1950; Anita was one of the six finalists at the Miss Universe competition the same year.
- She became one of the most famous pin-up girls in the 1950s.
- Ekberg was considered to play a Bond girl but instead, that role was given to, at that time, unknown Ursula Andres.
- This stunning actress played in many films including: Abbott and Costello Go to Mars (1953), The Golden Blade (1953), Blood Alley (1955), Artists and, Models (1955), War and Peace (1956), Back from Eternity (1956), Hollywood or Bust (1956), Man in the, Vault (1956), Zarak (1956), Interpol (1957), Valerie (1957), Paris Holiday (1958), The Man, Inside (1958), Screaming Mimi (1958), Sheba and the Gladiator (1959), La Dolce Vita (1960), Behind, Closed Doors (1961), The Dam of the Yellow River,Killer Nun, Death Knocks Twice , Pardon, Are You for or Against? , Woman Times Seven, The Alphabet Murders , Call Me Bwana, Northeast of Seoul , Way...Way Out...
Go to Anita Ekberg Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.