Beyonce Knowles – One of The Most Beautiful American Women
Beyonce Knowles – African American Beauty
Birth Name: Beyonce Giselle Knowles
Date of Birth: September 4, 1981
Place of Birth: Houston, Texas, U.S.
Occupation: Singer, actress
Height: 5 feet 7 in; 1.70 m
Measurements: 36C-26-38 (US)
Famous for: Beyonce Knowles rose to fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child. However few years later she released her first solo album and became one of the most famous female singers in the world.
Who I am on stage is very different to who I am in real life
It's important to concentrate on other qualities besides outer beauty.
- Knowles possesses a mezzo-soprano vocal range that spans more than three octaves.
- Michael Jackson was her major musical influence and idol.
- She and Destiny's Child were awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2001 Knowles became the first African-American woman to ever win the ASCAP Pop Songwriter of the Year Award.
- Knowles appears regularly on the most beautiful women lists (she was voted number 1 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties, she was ranked number 1 on E!'s 50 Steamiest Southern Stars, etc).
- In 2005 Knowles launched a clothing line, "House of Dereon", with her mother, Tina Knowles.
- In 2009 she was chosen by American music-magazine, "Billboard", as Woman of the Year.
- In November 2009, she was named the Artist of the Decade by The Observer.
- On January 31, 2010 she set a record for a female artist at the 52nd annual Grammy Awards: 6 Grammy wins in a single year, including Song of The Year.
- She received numerous prestigious national and international music awards including 16 Grammy Awards, 11 MTV Video Music Awards and a Billboard Millennium Award.
- In 2010, Knowles was ranked 1st on Forbes list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential musicians in the world.
- On January 7, 2012 she gave birth to her first child at age 30 the child's father is her husband, Jay-Z.
- On April 2012 she was crowned People's Most Beautiful Woman.
- Knowles is one of the co-founders of the Survivor Foundation (a charitable organization set up to provide transitional housing for 2005 Hurricane Katrina victims and storm evacuees in the Houston, Texas area).
Knowles in one sentence – Beyonce is everything that a woman should be: beautiful, sensual, intelligent, warmhearted, charming and a true lady.
Go to Beyonce Knowles Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.