Brigitte Bardot – The Beautiful French Goddess
Birth name: Brigitte Anne-Marie Bardot
Date of Birth: September 28, 1934
Place of Birth: Paris, France
Occupation: Actress, model, singer, animal rights activist
Height: 5 ft 6 in; 1.70 m
Measurements: 92-50-89 (cm); 36B-20-35 (in)
Brigitte Bardot in one sentence – BB is one of the most beautiful women in the film history.
I have always adored beautiful young men. Just because I grow older, my taste doesn't change. So if I can still have them, why not?
Men are beasts and even beasts don't behave as they do.
On experience: Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it.
If I could do anything about the way people behave towards each other, I would, but since I can't I'll stick to animals.
- Bardot starred in 47 films, performed in numerous musical shows, and recorded 80 songs. She is officially considered as one of the most beautiful actresses of all times.
- BB is a passionate Animal rights activist (she is one of the leading animal rights activists in the world and the head of "Foundation Brigitte Bardot")
- Recorded many popular songs in the 1960s and 1970s.
- She was the subject of Simone de Beauvoir's 1959 essay, The Lolita Syndrome.
- Bardot is recognized for popularizing bikini swimwear in early films.
- Bardot was idolized by young John Lennon and Paul McCartney.
- She was the subject for an Andy Warhol painting.
- She was married and divorced three times before marrying her fourth husband Bernard d'Ormale to whom she’s been married to for almost 20 years (since 1992).
- Retired from acting in 1973 at the age of 39.
- Breast cancer survivor. When she had breast cancer, she first refused treatment believing it was her fate but later she decided to confront her illness and she was victorious.
- In 2007 she was named among Empire magazine's 100 most beautiful Film Stars.
Go to Brigitte Bardot Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.