Capucine – One Of The Most Desirable French Actresses Ever
Birth Name: Germaine Hélène Irène Lefebvre
Date of Birth: 6 January 1928
Date of Death: 17 March 1990
Place of Birth: Saint-Raphaël, Var, France
Occupation: Actress, model
Height: 5 feet 7in; 1.70m
Germaine in one sentence: Hélène Irène Lefebvre is considered one of the greatest European beauties.
Once, I used to think I needed a man to define myself, but not anymore.
Men spoil women in America.
When I get in front of a camera, I think of it as an attractive man I am meeting for the first time - so I must do all in my power to interest him.
- Capucine received the Bachelor of Arts degree in foreign languages.
- She was “discovered” by a photograph in Paris at the age of 17.
- This beauty worked for major fashion brands including: Maggy Rouff, Givenchy and Christian Dior.
- Her famous nickname “Capucine” is a type of flowering plant.
- She was a very close friend to Audrey Hepburn.
- Her film debut Rendez-vous de Juillet was in 1949.
- In 1957, famous film producer noticed her and proposed her to go to Hollywood to learn English language and study acting under Gregory Ratoff.
- Helene’s first English speaking role on film was in the film Song Without End – 1960.
- She loved cats.
- This beautiful actress was only married once to Pierre Trabaud. Their marriage lasted less than a year.
- She played in many films of European and American production including: Bernard and the Lion, Mademoiselle de Paris, Le triomphe de Michel Strogoff, Frou-Frou, North to Alaska, Walk on the Wild Side, The Lion, I dongiovanni della Costa Azzurra, The Pink Panther, The 7th Dawn, What's New Pussycat?, The Honey Pot, Search, Red Sun, The Con Artists, Portrait of a Bourgeois in Black, Aphrodite, Arabian Adventure, Murder, She Wrote, My First Forty Years...
Go to Capucine Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.