Charlize Theron – Beautiful and Amazing Woman
Birth Name: Charlize Theron
Date of Birth: August 7, 1975
Place of Birth: Benoni, Transvaal Province, South Africa
Nationality: South African (naturalized American)
Occupation: Actress, model
Height: 5 feet 9½ in; 1.77 m
Measurements: 34B-24-36 (in)
Theron in one sentence – Charlize is one of those beautiful women that amaze you with their personality and strength.
Women have conquered the world. And with everything we go through, it's about time we had a female president.
I'm 50-50 on glamour stuff. I'd rather put on a pair of jeans and get on my Harley and act like a guy.
Looks alone won't get you that far. It may get you in the door, but that’s it.
I've always said that I worry about being with a man who doesn't flirt.
I don't believe in charmed lives. I think that tragedy is part of the lesson you learn to lift yourself up, to pick yourself up and to move on.
- Charize started her modeling career at the tender age of 14.
- She was 15 when her mother killed her (Charlize’s) father in self-defense. She faced no charges.
- At the age of 16 she won the modeling contract and moved to Europe with her mother to pursue a modeling career.
- At 18, she moved to New York City where she lived in a windowless basement apartment because she was broke. At that time she trained as a ballet dancer until a knee injury put a stop to her ballet career which led her into a major depression.
- At 19 Charlize flew to Los Angeles, California, on a one-way ticket to pursue an acting career, which turned out to be a great success.
- She starred in a number of box-office hits including: The Devil's Advocate, Mighty Joe Young, The Cider House Rules, Men of Honor, The Italian Job, Monster, North Country, Hancock, Prometheus, etc.
- Charlize won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her great performance in Monster (2003). She played a serial killer Aileen Wuornos.
- In 2006 Charlize Theron found herself on The Hollywood Reporter's 2006 list of highest-paid actresses in Hollywood.
- She appeared on the cover of the May 1999 issue of Playboy magazine (the nude photos inside the issue had been taken several years earlier before she became famous).
- In 2000 Charize wan named one of "People" magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People.
- Theron is only the second actress to win an Oscar after appearing naked in Playboy magazine. The first was Kim Besinger.
- In 2005 she received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2007 she was named the "Most Attractive Woman Alive" by Esquire Magazine.
- She is deeply involved in women's rights organizations.
- Theron is a gay rights activist and refuses to get married until same sex marriage is legal in the United States
- She has her own charity organization which is committed to reducing the prevalence of HIV/AIDS and violence among African youth.
Go to Charlize Theron Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.