Leonor Varela – Beautiful Chilean Actress
Birth name: Leonor Varela Palma
Date of Birth: December 29, 1972
Place of Birth: Santiago, Chile
Occupation: Actress, model
Height: 5 feet 6½ in; 1.69 m
Measurements: 30-23-33 (US)
Famous for: Leonor is one of the most famous Chilean actresses best known for her roles in Cleopatra, The Tailor of Panama, Texas Rangers, Blade II, etc.
We need to do everything we can to save our planet from ourselves.
- Leonor Varela was born in Chile but she and her family fled to Costa Rica when she was a child due to the bloody and cruel coup d’état that took place in her homeland.
- Leonor is the daughter of Francisco Varela (a famous Chilean biologist and philosopher).
- On August 4, 1976 her maternal grandfather Daniel Palma Robledo was kidnapped by Pinochet's secret police, and to this day is a missing person (he was executed and his body was never found).
- She played Cleopatra in the 1999 Cleopatra television film which made her world famous.
- In 2002 she was ranked number 11 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement.
- In 2006 she was named one of the 100 most attractive women in the world by the FHM magazine.
- Varela is fluent in English, Italian, Spanish and French.
- Leonor is a marine life activist and an ardent advocate for the welfare of whales. She is a member of a number of none government organizations for the conservation of the environment including World Wide Fund for Nature, Centro Ballena Azúl, Osean Conservation Group and Global Green USA.
- She graced numerous magazine covers
- She is a vegetarian.
Varela in one sentence – Leonor is a talented actress, an intelligent well educated person and a beautiful woman with an irresistible smile.
Go to Leonor Varela Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.