Linda Evangelista – Beautiful Canadian Supermodel
Birth Name: Linda Evangelista
Date of Birth: May 10, 1965
Place of Birth: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Height: 5 ft, 9 in; 1.75m
Measurements: 34-24-35 (in); 86.5-61-89 (cm)
Evangelista in one sentence: Linda is one of the most successful supermodels of the 20th century.
I am not self-made; many people supported me and stood behind me.
Agents once told me that a good career lasts for three years.
It is important that model feels safe and inspired by the photographer she/he is working with.
I love everything about fashion.
No matter where I went in the world, people knew me from the George Michael video and not from my campaigns.
It is great that in the fashion world there is no more race, size and age boundaries.
- As a teenager, Linda started to do some modeling work in her hometown.
- At the age of 16, she went to Japan for some modeling job, but had an unpleasant experience which made her change her mind and return to Canada. After that, two years passed until she decided to be a model again.
- At the age of 19, she became world famous model, stationed in Paris, France.
- In 1985 Linda made a contract with Chanel.
- Evangelista became a muse to Gianni Vercase.
- Linda’s haircut became the most popular haircut among celebrities. Demi Moor, for instance, had the same haircut as Linda in the film Ghost.
- Evangelista is one of the five supermodels who during the late 80s and early 90s were more popular then actresses and singers of that time. George Michael chose to cast these five models for his music video called “Freedom ‘90”.
- In 1990 Linda was chosen one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in The World”.
- Famous Linda’s words are "We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day." This quote is the most famous quote in modeling industry.
- Linda is known as the fashion industry “chameleon”.
- In 1991 this beautiful model starred in a documentary film “Models’’; after that she appeared in the documentary “Unzipped”, “Catwalk”.
- Linda’s photo was used in a campaign to spread awareness of HIV/AIDS. It is one of the "20 most important fashion photographs ever".
- Evangelista is often described as “Maria Callas of modeling”.
- In 2007 Linda signed an exclusive contract with the L’Oreal Paris, and became its brand ambassador.
- She is the most photographed model for the Vogue Italia.
- Evangelista was invited at the 2014 White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
- Linda is an activist for Breast Cancer Awareness and for HIV/Aids research.
- In June 2003, Linda received a star on Canada's Walk of Fame in Toronto.
- She has one son.
- She is known as one of the most professional models in the world.
- Linda graced over 700 magazine covers!
Go to Linda Evangelista Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.