Monica Vitti – One Of The Most Famous Italian Actresses
Birth Name: Maria Luisa Ceciarelli
Date of Birth: November 3 , 1931
Place of Birth: Rome, Italy
Height: 5 ft, 7 in; 1.70m
Vitti in one sentence: Monica is an elegant lady, a talented and well known actress, a charming woman and one of the Italian cinematographic legends.
Rome is eternal, not us.
- As a teenager she worked as an amateur actress.
- Her first stage appearance in Italy was for the play named La Mandragola.
- Her first cinema role was in film Ridere, Ridere, Ridere in 1954.
- Monica graduated from Rome's National Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Film L'avventura made this actress one of the most famous actresses in Italy and beyond.
- She made two English films: Modesty Blaise and An Almost Perfect Affair.
- She retired from cinema in 1989. After that she returned to the theatre as a teacher and an actress.
- Vitti was awarded the Festival Tribute at the Créteil International Women's Film Festival, in France (1993).
- This beauty played in numerous films including: The Girl With The Pistol, I Married You For Fun, Amori Miei, Francesca è mia, Le coppie , The Scarlet Lady , Sweet and Sour , La Notte, La Tosca, Mimì Bluette... fiore del mio giardino, Camera d'albergo, Flirt, Adriana Lecouvreur, Una pelliccia di visone, Non ti conosco più amore...
Silver Bear award - for an outstanding single achievement at the 34th Berlin International Film Festival.
4 Golden Grails
David di Donatello award - (1969, 1971, 1974, 1976, 1979)
Nastro d'Argento award - (1962, 1969, 1976)
Go to Monica Vitti Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.