Nicole Kidman – The Stunning and Superb Australian Actress
Nicole Kidman is the Biggest Australian Movie Star
Birth name: Nicole Mary Kidman
Date of Birth: June 20, 1967
Place of Birth: Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
Occupation: Actress, producer
Height: 5 ft 11 in; 1.80 m
Measurements: 34B-23-36 (in)
Famous for: Kidman is a world famous actress. She starred in many Hollywood films and is considered to be one of the greatest Australian actresses in the history of this country.
I believe that as much as you take, you have to give back. It is important not to focus on yourself too much.
You are either going to walk through life and experience it fully or you're going to be a voyeur.
- Nicole Kidman was born in Honolulu, Hawaii to Australian parents. That is why she has dual citizenship (Australian and American).
- In 1984, Nicole (then 17) put her education on hold and started working as a massage therapists in order to help to provide for the family because her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer and was unable to work.
- During the period between 1990 and 1996 Kidman starred in three movies that made her an international movie star (Days of Thunder, Far and Away, and Batman Forever).
- From the beginning of her career she played in over 60 films (as of 2012) including: The Peacemaker, Eyes Wide Shut, Moulin Rouge!, The Hours, Rabbit Hole, etc.
- Her movies have grossed more than $2 billion (with 17 movies making more than $100 million).
- In 1999 Nicole and her husband at the time Tom Cruise portrayed a married couple in Eyes Wide Shut, the film that was subject to censorship controversies due to the explicit scenes.
- Kidman received numerous acting awards including an Academy Award, three Golden Globe Awards and the BAFTA Award.
- She is the first Australian actress to win the Best Actress Academy Award.
- Nicole has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She was married to the American actor Tom Cruise for 11 years (1990-2001) with whom she has two adopted children.
- Nicole married Keith Urban in 2006 and she has tow children with him as well.
- Kidman is famous for her philanthropy work, especially for raising money and helping disadvantaged children around the world.
- In 1994 Nicole was appointed a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.
- In 2004 Kidman was honored as a "Citizen of the World" by the United Nations.
- In 2006 she was appointed goodwill ambassador of the United Nations Development Fund for Women.
- On Australia Day 2006 Kidman was made a Companion of the Order of Australia (Australia's highest civilian honor).
- Nicole Kidman in one sentence – Nicole radiates sensuality and sophistication; her seductive yet innocent look evokes an aura of enigma.
Go to Nicole Kidman Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.