Petra Nemcova - Inspiring Czech Supermodel
Petra Nemcova – The Czech Superwoman
Birth name: Petra Nemcova
Date of Birth: 24 June 1979
Place of Birth: Karviná, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic)
Occupation: Model, author, television host, philanthropist
Height: 1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)
Measurements: 34B-24-35 (US) 86-61-89 (EU)
Famous for: Nemcova is one of the most successful Czech fashion models. She is an ardent philanthropist and an amazing person all around.
Learn from the past, look to the future, but live in the present.
We can’t control nature, but we can control the actions we take!
- This stunning Czech model speaks five languages (Czech, Slovak, Polish, Italian and English)
- In December 2004 Petra and her fiancé, Simon Atlee, enjoyed great time in Thailand when tsunami claimed Simon’s life and left Petra heartbroken and severely injured (she suffered a shattered pelvis and internal injuries). She recovered (physically) in few moths which amazed her doctors but she still talks to Simon every night (she writes a diary to him).
- In 2005, Nemcova created the Happy Hearts Fund (HHF), a charitable organization and campaign. When she returned to Taiwan few months after the tsunami she witnessed families without homes and children without parents. It is then that she decided to help them; which is why she founded the HHF. Petra also helped in the recovery efforts of Hurricane Katrina in 2005 with her organization.
- In 2007, Nemcova became a vegan. She gave up meat and dairy in order to help save ocean life.
- In 2008 Nemcova went with Happy Hearts Fund to Peru to help children who were affected by the 2007 Peru earthquake.
- In 2011 Nemcova was engaged to British actor Jamie Belman.
Nemcova in one sentence - Petra is a beautiful, intelligent, strong, passionate and truly inspiring person.
Go to Petra Nemcova Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.