Raquel Welch – One of The Most Beautiful American Actresses Ever
Birth Name: Jo Raquel Tejada
Date of Birth: September 5, 1940
Place of Birth: Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Height: 5 ft 6 in; 1.68 m
Measurements: 37D-26-36 (in); 94-66-91 (cm)
Welch in one sentence – Raquel was one of the most desired women in the word for decades.
Once you get rid of the idea that you must please other people before you please yourself, and you begin to follow your own instincts - only then can you be successful.
Not everybody is comfortable with my ethnicity. When I first came along in the business, they (20th Century Fox) didn't really like the idea of my name being Raquel.
You can't fake listening. It shows.
- Raquel was born in 1940 to an American mother and Bolivian father.
- She studied ballet from age seven to seventeen but gave it up after her instructor told her that she didn't have the right figure.
- At age 14, she won a beauty title as Miss Photogenic (she won a number of Miss Titles in her teens).
- For a while she worked as a cocktail waitress.
- Raquel starred in many films including: Fantastic Voyage (1966), One Million Years B.C. (1966), Bedazzled (1967), Bandolero! (1968),100 Rifles (1969), and Myra Breckinridge (1970).
- She won a Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture Actress in a Musical or Comedy for The Three Musketeers (1974).
- In 1995 she was chosen by Empire magazine as one of the 100 Most attractive Stars in film history.
- In 1996 Raquel dated champion boxer Gary Stretch when she was 56 and he was 31.
- In 1996 Welch was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Go to Raquel Welch Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.