Ruby Lin – Taiwanese Sweetheart
Birth name: Lin Hsin-Ju
Date of Birth: January 27, 1976
Place of Birth: Taipei, Taiwan, China
Occupation: Actress, singer
Height: 5 ft 6 in; 1.68 m
Measurements: 32B-22-33 (in); 82-56-84 (cm)
Lin in one sentence – Ruby is a great actress and intelligent woman with an exotic Asian beauty.
In this business sometimes it's really hard (even for yourself) to determine which kind of relationship is a true love.
(On paparazzi) I'm already frequently exposed under the sun; this is my work, but what I cannot accept is that they write untruthful things under the claim of reporting the truth. They are desperately digging for the information that they perceive as inside information; they completely ignore other people's feelings, and they have no second thoughts when it comes to destroying people with their lies.
- Lin is best known for her acting career in Taiwan and mainland China. She is considered as one of the best television actresses and has millions of fans across the entire East Asia.
- Lin started her television career in commercials. After doing a number of television commercials she was offered a first role and a contract with an entertainment-management company.
- Ruby was only a second year of high school when she filmed her first television movie "School Days".
- Her first main role came in 1997 in a television drama Princess Pearl. Ruby achieved tremendous popularity as the beloved Princess Ziwei and the new Taiwanese television star was born.
- Over the years Ruby Lin starred in many television series and became one of the most famous and popular television actresses in the whole of the East Asia.
- Lin won many national and international acting awards including: the Most Popular Actress award at the Seoul International Drama Awards (voted online by residents of Asian countries); Favorite Actress of the Year Award; and many others.
- In 2001 Lin was named the Taiwan's most popular advertisement star and she remained as one of the top advertisement stars to this day.
- Lin is very much involved in charity work throughout her career. In 2011, China Charity Billboard Award awarded her "Charity star of the year" award for her contribution to charity work.
Go to Ruby Lin Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.