Thalia – Beautiful Mexican Pride
Birth name: Ariadna Thalia Sodi Miranda
Date of Birth: August 26, 1971
Place of Birth: Mexico City, Mexico
Occupation: Model, actress, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur
Height: 5 feet 6.3 in; 1.68m
Ariadna in one sentence: Thalia is an exquisite Mexican lady, an ambassador of her country, worldwide famous celebrity, talented actress/singer and a successful entrepreneur.
As a child, I was singing in front of the mirror with a spoon in my hand pretending to have a microphone.
I have two families: my kids and my fans from around the world.
I love Brazilian music and culture.
Positive thinking, exercises, drinking a lot of water, healthy life, and discipline in daily routine of using cosmetic product is the key of maintaining beauty.
For a balanced life you must know your priorities.
In order to be successful as an entrepreneur you need to be disciplined and a team worker.
My mother is by my side from the beginning; she is taking care of everything and protects me as lioness protects its cubs.
Life is so short, so we need to enjoy every second of it and do whatever makes us content.
- Thalia’s first television appearance was when she was only one years old for a television commercial.
- At the age of four she started to learn playing piano and took ballet classes at the National Conservatory of Music of Mexico.
- She speaks French and Spanish fluently ever since she was a child.
- This beautiful Mexican artist is a very talented and successful actress, she starred in a number of world popular Mexican soap operas with over two billion viewers.
- During the 1990s, mass media around the world named Thalia as a "Queen of telenovelas".
- During 1994-1999, she became worldwide famous due to the popularity of Mexican soap operas “Marimar”, ” Maria Mercedes”, "María la del barrio".
- There was a saying that "Marimar" could attract more local fans than the 1998 World Cup.
- She once said that “Marimar” was so popular that people stopped the daily course of their lives just to watch it.
- “Marimar” was very popular in Philippines. It was so popular that during her visit to Philippines she was informed that the last time so many people gathered in the streets was when Pope John Paul the Second came to visit.
- This lady is one of the most successful Mexican artists with great international fame.
- In 1999, she starred in one of the most expensive and the most exported soap operas in foreign countries ever (in over 180 countries) – Rosalinda (Beautiful Rose).
- She is reported to be the highest paid soap opera (telenovelas) actress in history.
- During 1990-1993, she released three music albums that achieved great success. Her third album reached gold certification.
- She sold over 45.000.000 records worldwide.
- She is considered to be the most selling Latino musicians of all times.
- In 2008, “The Sun” (daily tabloid newspaper from United Kingdom), named Thalia one of "the 50 female singers who will never be forgotten.”
- In 2011, Terra Networks (Spanish Internet multinational company) put her on the list of most iconic and powerful woman in the music.
- In 2013, she was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Her fifth album song “Amor a la Mexicana“ became a number one hit in 14 countries.
- In 2000, she released her sixth music album.
- In 2001, President of the United States, George W. Bush, invited Thalia to a party organized in White House where she performed popular Mexican songs.
- This stunning Mexican singer/musician was awarded with numbers of music prestigious awards.
- In 2009, Thalia performed in White House again invited by United States President Barack Obama.
- Her single “Primera Fila”, received diamond and triple platinum sales certifications in Mexico and was sold in over 500,000 copies.
- She collaborated with many famous singers such as Tony Bennett, Robbie Williams, Michael Bublé, Prince Royce, Gilberto Santa Rosa…
- In 2004, she made a contract with Hershey’s for her chocolate brand.
- She was the face for Victoria’s Secret brand in 2005.
- She has two children, a daughter and a son.
- She admires Nadia Comaneci, Marilyn Monroe and Madonna.
- This entrepreneur did a lot of humanitarian work and participated in a number of humanitarian campaigns such as March of Dimes, and she is also the member of "ALAS Foundation".
Go to Thalia Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.