Tyra Banks – One of the Most Beautiful African American Models
Tyra Banks - Black Beauty With a Perfect Body
Birth Name: Tyra Lynne Banks
Date of Birth: December 4, 1973
Place of Birth: Inglewood, California, U.S.
Occupation: Model, actress, television host
Height: 5 feet 10 in; 1.78 m
Measurements: 36C-24-36 (in)
Banks in one sentence – Tyra has it all: a beautiful face, fit body, strong will and a charismatic personality.
I'm a perfectionist. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's OK if there are flaws here and there.
I'm competitive with myself. I always try to push past my own borders.
- Tyra was rejected by six modeling agencies before she was signed by Elite Model Management at age 16.
- She dropped out of Loyola University, at age 17, to pursue modeling.
- She was the first African American woman on the covers of GQ and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.
- In 1997, she received the VH1 award for, "Supermodel of the Year."
- Tyra was a Victoria's Secret Angel for nine consecutive years (from 1997 to 2005).
- She was named "Woman of the Year" for 2000 by Sports Illustrated.
- She is the creator and host of the reality television show America's Next Top Model.
- From September 12, 2005n until May 28, 2010 she hosted The "Tyra-Banks Show", a daytime talk show aimed at younger women.
- In 2008, Banks won the Daytime Emmy Award for her work and production on The Tyra Banks Show.
- She is allergic to dogs.
- She is of Native American descent and has been an advocate against racism in Hollywood.
- Banks is one of four African Americans and seven women to have repeatedly ranked among the world's most influential people by Time magazine.
Go to Tyra Banks Gallery
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.