Iman Abdulmajid - Beautiful Somali Model
Iman Abdulmajid – One of the Most Famous African Models
Birth Name: Iman Mohamed Abdulmajid
Date of Birth: July 25, 1955
Place of Birth: Mogadishu, Somalia
Occupation: Model, actress, businesswoman, philanthropist, television host, author
Height: 5 feet 10 in; 1.78 m
Measurements: 34-28-38 (US); 86.5-71-96.5 (EU)
Famous as/for: Iman Abdulmajid is the Global fashion icon, one of the top supermodels of the golden fashion era and much more than that.
Modeling is the business for young women. I have done it for 16 years and it is time to move on.
There is nothing more important than family.
We need to do everything to help children because they are our future.
- Iman is one of the most famous African models of the 20th century. She was an inspiration (a muse) to some of the major fashion designers like Yves Saint Laurent.
- Abdulmajid is fluent in Somali, English, French, Arabic and Italian.
- She has a Bachelor’s degree in political science.
- Iman is the founder of a global beauty company Iman Cosmetics (a $25-million-a-year business).
- She is the creator of the Global Chic clothing line and fashion accessories collection. The Global Chic collection is one of the best selling fashion accessories collections in the world.
- Over the years Iman appeared in a number of television shows, music videos and films but lately she prefers to work as the television host.
- She is married to David Bowie (a famous English musician).
- Iman is an ardent supporter of a number of charity organizations including: Children's Defense Fund, Save the Children Non-government organization, Keep a Child Alive program, etc.
- On June 7, 2010, Iman received a Fashion Icon lifetime achievement award (one of the most prestigious awards in the fashion industry).
- She has two daughters.
- She is the author of the bestseller book Beauty of Color.
Abdulmajid in one sentence – Iman is the shining star of Africa.
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.