Yasmin Warsame - Captivating African Beauty
Yasmin Warsame – One of the Most Beautiful Somali Models
Birth Name: Yasmin Abshir Warsame
Date of Birth: May 17, 1976
Place of Birth: Mogadishu, Somalia
Nationality: Somali (naturalized Canadian)
Occupation: Model, activist
Height: 5 feet 10 in; 1.78 m
Measurements: 81-60-89 (EU)
Warsame in one sentence – Yasmin is a magnificent Somali model with a beautiful face and a brave heart.
As far as the British are concerned, to be British you have to look British.
In the fashion industry people talk about the skin color in a way as though color is a season. For example they are known to say something like “This season we are not using blacks” or “Blacks are not suitable for this campaign.”
- Yasmin was born in Somalia in family of 21 siblings. Her father had three wives and 21 children, she was the youngest.
- Her father died when she was 5 years old and from that point on she started moving from one place to another. She moved to Kenya, then Zambia and at age of 9 she ended up in England. When she was 15 years old she decided to move to Canada.
- She started her modeling career when she was 22 years old after signing her first professional contract with the SHOK modeling agency.
- In 2004 Yasmin was named the Most Alluring Canadian by the Canadian Fashion magazine.
- She graced some of the major magazine covers like Vogue and Elle.
- Yasmin volontires for the Somali Youth Coalition in Canada, and she is a strong supporter of the African Future organization (a non-governmental organization that focuses on the improvement of education and healthcare in Somalia).
Always remember that true beauty comes from within.